Kenneth  Anderson
Kenneth  Anderson
Kenneth  Anderson
Kenneth  Anderson
Kenneth  Anderson
Kenneth  Anderson

Obituary of Kenneth Anderson

It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of Kenneth Anderson, life long resident of Dawson Creek, British Columbia, on Sunday, February 13, 2022 at the age of 75 years. 

Kenneth Edward Anderson was born January 21, 1947, in Dawson Creek B.C. He was the second born child of Ed and Evelyn Anderson.


He passed away in his home of 47 years with Cindy and Ed by his side while he was watching tv on February 13, 2022.


Ken is survived by his daughter Cindy, his daughter Terri and hubby Matt and boys Holten, Cannon, and Chase. Son Marty and wife JJ and girls Kennedy and Finlay, son Ed, brother Bob and wife Louise, their children Rob and Jackie, Sharlene and Sherri and mother-in-law Madelene Carlson and her family Wanda, Rod, Alden, and Shane.


He was pre-deceased by his wife Alana, father Ed, mother Evelyn, sister Sharon, and brother-in-law George.


In 1963, Ken met the love of his life, Paul Gardner who fortunately met Myrna! Years later he met the real love of his life Alana and had 4 wonderful children. 


As a child Ken loved building and fixing things and spending time in the great outdoors of the Peace Country. He went down the Peace River pre-WAC Bennett Dam with his brother Bob and father, hunting legend, Ed Anderson. He also made many trips to Elliot’s Cabin and Pugin’s Mountain in the 48 Dodge. As a teen and young man, he loved driving and fixing fast cars and then the 4X4 Fargo, 77 Ford, 83 power wagon and final the Ford Super Duty. He took such good care of his vehicles they would almost last forever.


Over the years, all Ken’s adventures would include the outdoors except for the alternating spring break road trips to see uncle Alden in Langley, uncle Rod in Edmonton, uncle Bob and Aunt Lou in Prince George, and the Neilson’s in Quesnel. Later in life he spent his springs fertilizing and prepping his lawn for the summer once he removed all the snow and ice with his snow blower because he didn’t have the patience to let mother nature do her thing!


The first camping trip of the year would almost always be the Trimac picnic at Matthews Park. Even though Dad worked with some of these people for almost his entire working career of 32 years, many friendships were made with the Gillespie’s, the Charettes, the Gordichucks, the Tuckwoods, the Wallers, the Sharkey’s, the Shaw’s, and especially Joe Hawkins and family.


He hired Joe from the tire company as his eventual replacement at Trimac because of his work ethic and all-around great attitude. We think he was more like the skinny son he never had!


Ken unofficially retired in June of 2002 officially retired one year later after collecting government cheese for 12 months! In the end he was able to almost enjoy a full 20 years of retirement.


Kens summers were spent out at Tacheeda Lakes with Bob and family. At the wide spot on the Pine River with Doug and the Jones crew, Pea Soup and the boys occasionally firing the odd 6 over the heads of rowdy partiers with Glen Neilson as back up with his 410. Many weekends were also spent at the pipelines with the usual crew as well as Barry and Donna and VJ and Ingi.


It was during one of these summer outings where Reynold’s Creek got the new name “Bear Creek”. Ken, Marty, and Ed (the boys) were taking their time walking along the creek and fishing in each good-looking fishing hole as they walked back to the truck where Alana was reading her True Romance book.  While the boys were fishing, Cindy and Terri were running ahead so they could talk to Mom. Suddenly, the boys heard a loud screech and a big splash in the water followed by crying and screaming. So, the boys ran up to see what the commotion was all about. Turns out, Cindy and Terri had surprised a bear along the way.  The bear ran as fast as it could up the mountain, Terri jumped into the creek and started swimming downstream towards Mom who had the bullets for the gun but not the gun, and Cindy froze in place and started crying and screaming! The poor bear must have been confused by this sudden pandemonium. Later that afternoon, the boys went the other way down the way down the river looking for fish while Cindy and Terri took cover in the truck with Mom reading her love stories. As the boys got back to the truck, they could see the girls were not paying attention, so they snuck up to the box of the truck and started rocking the truck and growling like a bear……………………you never saw four doors lock so quickly in a truck your entire life! No bear was going to get them this time! And therefore, the creek is now known as “Bear Creek”.


In retirement Dad and Mom did the odd camping or road trip but due to Mom’s health, Paul and Ed had to pick up the slack spending many trips to the Clearwater, Red Deer Creek, Tacheeda Lake, and Pugin’s Mountain where he would enjoy his 1978 Kustom Koach.


The fall was Dad’s favorite time of year. He loved his month-long trips or any trip out to Elliot’s Cabin. They shot plenty of moose during the first 15 years of their reign, the last 40 however, were spent enjoying building trails, hauling water and wood with the Hondas, wondering what was going to be for supper, cleaning camp, and just spending time with family, friends; The kid Rick, brother Bob, Tony, his favorite son, even Eddy Broad and the last few years a good man from the Island “Jim the Pot Smoker” and of course Gardner!


Ken also enjoyed ice fishing at One Island Lake where he would usually bring back some meat, even though it would cost $100 per pound!


The one thing all these activities had in common was coffee. In his younger years it was at Trimac or at United with Cornish. Then after getting his dream shop built, it was at home on his 3-minute Bunn like Dave Huzel’s which was great for making coffee!  And finally, the coffee nights when the women played cards and the whole possie went out the Robin’s and then Micky D’s.


Prior to his passing, Dad was able to spend his 75th birthday party with many of his lifelong friends and family thanks to the meal replacement drinks shared with him by Fred and Lorraine.


He wasn’t a perfect Dad, but he was perfect for us. He and Alana gave us everything and we were so fortunate to have such loving and caring parents.


We were all lucky to have shared our lives and spent so much time with Ken and although he is gone, he will never be forgotten. 

A Celebration Of Life for Kenneth will be held on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 2:00pm from Reynars Funeral Chapel. Pauline Haycock will officiate. A private family interment will be held at the Dawson Creek City Cemetery before the service.

For friends so wishing, donations may be made in memory of Kenneth to the Dawson Creek and District Hospital foundation, 11100 - 13 Street, Dawson Creek, British Columbia V1G 3W8.

Very Respectfully, Reynars Funeral Home & Crematorium


Celebration Of Life

2:00 pm
Friday, July 15, 2022
Reynars Funeral Chapel
1300 102nd Avenue
Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
Share Your Memory of